I have to document these few stories real quick before a) I forget them and b) I have more to tell. The other day, Bryan took Ethan to Cost Cutters (or wherever) for Bryan's bi-monthly haircut. I only cut Jayden, Tanner and Ethan's hair. I'm too afraid I'll make Bryan look like a dork. Anyways, Bryan was in the chair and the stylist was pulled out the clippers. Ethan looked worried for his dad. Bryan suggested that he hold his hand. Ethan held Bryan's hand for the entire haircut. HOW SWEET IS THAT! As a reward for awesome behavior, Bryan bought him a new Hot Wheels car.Yesterday, I my tire flattened while I drove on the US 60. My car slowed down while my foot was on the accelerator. I had ignored a slow leak for weeks, so I was lucky that the poor thing didn't explode on me. I had to cross over four lanes to make it to the outer side of the freeway. I started to change the tire myself, but help arrived soon after. A complete stranger, one of Bryan's bosses and the Sheriff came to my aid. The stranger changed the tire, after I jacked the car up (I could have changed it myself, but I usually don't turn down help when it arrives). Bryan's boss brought me a bottle of water and he put the jack away for me. The Sheriff showed up after the show was over, but 'better late than never'. Sometimes I just love being a girl. I've only changed one tire, on my own, in my entire life. It's awesome!
Anyways, the "my kids are so cute" story came after that. I picked them up (after I drove in slow-mo with a doughnut tire) and made it to the tire store. We spend an hour trekking while we waited for my new tires. We walked to the craft store on one side of the strip mall and then all the way back to the Wal-mart on the other side. My boys were my three little ducklings (only they were leading and I was following). I don't have any of them in a stroller anymore, so I have to march them everywhere (and try my hardest to keep them from being ran over). Of course, the boys had to find ways to make the walk fun for them. Tanner decided to run in and out of the sliding doors of the craft store. It had two sets of double doors, one for an entrance and one for an exit. He'd run through one door and circle around to run out the other. He found this to be very hilarious. Ethan naturally followed Tanner's lead, and so it became a game of cat and mouse. A lady that passed by suggested I try four kids. I just laughed at her. I had to bribe them with a Ring Pop from Wal-mart to get them to walk with me again. After we progressed a way, we reached a low wall on the side of the Sam's Club. Tanner decided he had to climb up and use the flat surface as a sidewalk. Jayden caught on and Ethan had to do it, too. Ethan couldn't climb the wall on his own, so I helped him up and held his had as he followed his brothers to the end. It was pretty fun to watch them. By the time we finished at Wal-mart and made it back to the tire shop, the car was ready and we headed home. I was glad to be out of the heat and thankful that the boys were safe.
Sometimes, I think they have an angel that watching over them. I like to think it's my Grammy. I've often thought she looks out for me and keeps me safe while I am driving. She was crazy, but I miss her very much.
1 comment:
I love the duckling analogy. I've always thought of them that way. Hubby can't imagine doing it without the stroller, though, but we have a runner and a hider so we need a mechanical nanny!
Post a Comment