Thursday, September 25, 2008

Demands...

My kids make demands of my time, naturally, and here is a list of a few of them:
1. Prayers every night before bedtime. Ethan must go first, he then makes sure Tanner is next and Jayden has to say his too, or I can't leave the room.
2. "Tuck in's" every night. The tuck-in process is never complete. I tuck them in before prayers, but I have to re-tuck them in after prayers and anytime they get the wiggles and move from their bed. Jayden is the only one who doesn't demand this from me because he had the top bunk and it's awkward for me to do this. I do put his small blanket on top of him when I remember.
3. "Kisses" every night. After "tuck-in's", after prayers and before I can leave the room, I have to give all the boys kisses. Tanner makes this a big deal. He demands his kisses, because he always forgets that give him one after prayers. Then of course, Ethan has to have one more and then they both make sure I give Jayden one more. This goes around a few times. They are very greedy and very persistant. I'm not complaining too loudly... ;-p
4. Video games/movies. They must have them. They love them. If I put the wrong movie in, they are very vocal about it until I make the correction. If I end their video game play, you would think someone died. Thank goodness for the family timer on the Xbox 360. If we didn't have the time control on the games, then they would never play outside. They beg for more time, but that's when the bribery comes in. I can weazle chores or some "me" time out of the deal. Sweet!
There are of course more demands, but these are the most common.

My demands are as follows...

1) I must be allowed to sleep for six or more hours. I can't live with less.

2) I must be allowed dark chocolate and Diet Coke/Dr. Pepper when I need it. If I don't get it, I eat/drink everything else in sight until I get it.

3) I must be allowed to shop for clothes when the kids are not around. No explaination needed there.

There was a very clever demand I thought of before I made this list, but now I can't remember what it was. Of course I have more demands, but my eyes are demanding that I close them, so I'll have to continue the list later. Night!

2 comments:

~Debbi~ said...

We, your loyal readers, demand more blog entries and more photos. It's been four days, she types, tapping her foot impatiently!

~Debbi~ said...

I see how it is, you're no longer addicted to blogging. Good heavens, what could be distracting you? It's not like you have a husband and three kids and a full-time job or anything!