Monday, September 22, 2008

Black Widows and Mosquito bites

I hate bugs. I only like them when they are dead. Ladybugs are alright, but I still prefer a dead bug over one that is alive. We went to Bryan's parents' house last night, and I only was outside for maybe 10 minutes and I acquired at least 10 mosquito bites. They've been itching off and on all day, and some of them have swollen up a bit. I can't help it! I've got to scratch them. Poor Tanner...the back of his leg looks like he's got chicken pox. The mosquitoes love his blood, too. (It's totally in our genes Deb!) In addition, we put off the bug man for months, due to financial constraints. We couldn't put it off any longer. Our roach, cricket and spider population was out of control. Our pest control service came out today and loads of bugs are either dead or dying. The Black Widow body count is up to three! It's so cool!!! You can all share in my joy 'cuz I took pictures! Hee, hee, hee...I dare you to open the pic and see it closer!


Three dead widows...
(The one on the top left is still dangles from the web, the top right is almost as fat as the rock next to it and the spider on the bottom is spread out on the pavement. Eeew!)

...and a dead roach party,too. Who-hoo!

1 comment:

~Debbi~ said...

Oh, have mercy, I wish I hadn't clicked all those pics. My hair is standing on end and I've got the willies! I'm never going to have superstar, smooth, hot legs because there is never a time that some critter hasn't bitten me and it hasn't swelled up and scarred. Hate, hate, hate bugs! Except cute ladybugs and dragonflies and rollypollies and butterflies. Those insects have permission to live. Oh, and Daddy Longlegs since they're not really spiders and cannot bite you. Gotta keep some around to eat the yucky ones!