Team Rocket from Pokemon.
Okay, so I was going to edit my previous blog but I realize that no one will see the changes if they read the blog already. I must warn you, the latter part of this blog is (in my opinion) inappropriate for kids to read. Proceed with caution.
Anyways, the climbing out the window story was much worse. Ethan actually did make it out of the window and onto the tiles. He was climbing that tallest section, (of what we'll call the elevation roof) when Bryan caught Tanner. Bryan had pulled Tanner into the bedroom first, just as Ethan slid down the steepest part of the roof. Double heart attack!!!
Okay, so lessons have been learned, a new day has begun and progress will be made, right? Well, maybe I'll just have to take more than two steps back, before I can move forward. My two "little ones" didn't do anything that would result in their untimely deaths, so that was a plus. They did play with the stapler downstairs (again, on Bryan's watch), but no injuries resulted; another plus! Now comes the multiple steps backward. Fortunately for Bryan, the catastrophic event for the day happened at the sitters' house. My in-home sitter recently had cable installed for her television. The cable company gave her trial use of a few extra channels. Well, she didn't know what was included in the freebies. My son Tanner (yes, the middle child) obtained the remote control and found "That" channel. If you don't know what "That" channel is, then you must be a innocent virgin. Yes, I'm generalizing, so if I'm wrong, just let me know. Bryan guessed it right off the bat and laughed hysterically when I confirmed it. He is neither innocent nor a virgin, so I think my earlier generalization will stand. My sitter tried to explain to the boys why that stuff was bad and that it could get stuck in their heads. I don't know if Tanner got it, but Ethan poked his forehead and said "Stuck in head? Stuck in head?..." At least he understands words. I tried to talk to the boys about it, too. I explained that they should never watch those kinds of shows, and that if it's not a cartoon, then they need to change the channel. I also remarked that naked people don't belong on TV or Movies. I started to add "...they belong in the bedroom," but I quickly decided that was too much information. Well, I'm sure it's going to be loads of fun when they are older and I'm try to explain the birds and bees to them.
Seriously, if someone invented a chastity belt with a catheter, I would buy three of them. There's just too much out there that demoralizes the young ones, in all forms of media. It was bad enough when I was in high school, but it's even worse now. It's going to be a real challenge to teach my boys the value of good old-fashioned morals, and have them apply the lessons in their daily lives. I'll have to pray a lot more (more than what I currently do already) when they are teenagers. The trouble they can get into is more dangerous at that age. They can be extremely stupid when it comes to dare devil stunts and other adventurous boy-like things. Don't even get me started on the stuff some teenage boys try with teenage girls! Oh wait, I think they still try that stuff as men. Darn it! What's a full-time employee/full-time mom gotta do to raise her boys to be good men, spouses and fathers? I'd jump on a bigger soap box right now, but I've really got to sleep. I've really got to try to get up early tomorrow. Until next time...
1 comment:
dude, I have no idea what channel you're talking about (I could make a list of guesses but I'll forbear) however we don't have cable so I don't even remember what channels are on normal cable tv packages. But that is a pretty funny story! Time to program the channel blocker!
Post a Comment