Saturday, August 16, 2008

Boyz


I have three boys. There's a lot one can assume when someone says those four words. Craziness? Yes! Never-Ending messes? Most definately! Non-stop noise? Huh, what did you say? I'm sorry I couldn't hear you!

Thursday, I came home to find Tanner and Ethan in front of the TV with a mostly empty bag of generic Fruit Loops between them. Many of the fruit loops had been eaten, but many were scattered about the family room. I picked up and vacuumed as best as I could, but I'm still finding the random loop here and there.

Yesterday, I came home and noticed a new and very large sticky film on my kitchen floor. I couldn't figure out what liquid had been spilled, so I went about my normal tasks. I was making the boys and myself peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, when I dug in the fridge for the milk. I noticed that the milk jug was below the halfway mark. It had been three-quarters full the day before. Needless to say, I just found out what happened to the floor! The boys love to be self-sufficient (sometimes). No sense in crying over it, but I'm still a little peeved about it. Milk is so expensive!

This morning I got up to make breakfast (as we were out of cereal and low on milk). I got the eggs out of the fridge and pulled a clean bowl out of the dishwasher (guess whose job it is to put the clean dishes away). I started cracking the eggs when I noticed that they were not cold. I pulled out the milk (to add some to the bowl) and noticed that it too was not the normal level of cold. When I served up something to drink, I was not surprised to find that our water wasn't cold either. I looked to the back of the fridge to see what was going on and the temperature gage for the refrigerator had been turned off. Thankfully, the fridge had not been opened too many times, so the food wasn't warm either. I would say that there's "never a dull moment", but that would imply that I'm having more fun than I really am.

Someday, when all FOUR of my boys are grown up (yes, I'm still waiting on the 31 year old to grow up), I will be able to sit on that proverbial couch and eat my proverbial bon-bons. They had better be bon-bons sprinkled with gold dust!!!

No comments: