Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Inventory


Mother Nature's Farm 10/31/2008--When I get current pics, I'll post them, but this represents rather well.

This year was extremely different. This year, Bryan was at work and I took the kids on my own. It ended up not being a real big deal, but I was still annoyed. The boys had fun, as usual, and they accumulated far too much candy to be healthy. A few funny things happened while we toured the streets of the neighborhood. Ethan would tell the neighbors he was "Incredible" and not the Incredible Hulk. I guess he didn't like the Hulk part, so he left it out. Jayden, Tanner and Ethan all braved the extremely scary house one street north of us. This guy had Jason, Freddie, skulls, an animated skeleton in an electric chair and a table covered in blood and body parts. The neighbor (I don't know who he was) wore a hockey mask and wielded a fake butcher's knife and a fake-noisy chainsaw. He was acting pretty mellow around the boys, but when Tanner loudly said "That wasn't scary", he revved up the chainsaw and started to come after him (but in a not mean way). I was laughing, but Tanner was a little scared after that. He commented twice "That house was scary, Mom." Jayden played traffic control when we melded into a group of kids a couple of times. If no one would answer the door, he loudly announced "Oh, there's nobody home here. Time to try another house." All in all, we made it around the six streets in our immediate neighborhood. Not a whole lot of houses were "open", but the boys managed to load their buckets near to the brim. I of course did inventory after they were in bed, and excluding what was eaten on the road and the candy I stashed for myself, the lot includes the following:

17 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
7 Butterfingers
8 Kit Kats
3 Mr. Goodbars
10 Crunch bars
8 Hershey's Milk Chocolate bars
8 Plain M&M bags
6 Peanut M&M bags
6 Whoppers
4 Babe Ruths
4 Snickers
28 Dum-dums
11 Tootsie Pops
15 fat Tootsie Rolls (Oddly enough, these are the only kind of Tootsie Roll I like to eat. I know they look like cat turds, but they are yummy if they are still soft.)
18 long & skinny Tootsie Rolls
25 small Tootsie Rolls
15 fruit flavored Tootsie Rolls--5 lime, 3 lemon, 3 orange, 2 cherry and 2 vanilla
23 Smarties
2 Starburst
6 banana Laffy Taffy
1 strawberry Laffy Taffy
5 Lifesaver Gummies in cute Halloween shapes (spiders, mummies, etc)
1 Swedish Fish (really?)
5 Jolly Rancher round and two flavored hard candy's (half green apple, half orange--surprisingly good)
6 Twizzlers
4 Tootsie Dots-I keep trying these to remember why I don't like them. Every year I'm reminded why...they taste terrible! What flavors are they anyway. Ugh!
4 Sugar Babies (no Daddy's--I know, I know...I'm sad too. Maybe someday I'll find my Sugar Daddy)
3 Skittles
9 Nerds-4 orange, 3 grape and 2 fruit punch
9 Sponge Bob candies--I almost threw these out because they are made in China, but the are distributed from PA, so if there's something wrong, I'll go after them. ;-)
and 1 Misc box of grape flavored candy

There were a few fruit chews made in Brazil that didn't feel so soft, bubble gum, jawbreakers and a few other misc candies that were distributed to the dumpster. I kept the New Moon Forbidden Fruit Sweethearts. I thought they were cool because they said things like "Bite Me" and were sparkly like Edward. Unfortunately, they are nothing like normal Sweethearts. I was expecting a tart and somewhat tooth- jarring candy. I got a soft and funky-sweet flavored candy. They reminded me of those nasty chalk flavored valentine hearts. I don't know what flavors they used, but one of them tasted like papaya. It was gross.

Well, I've got to go hide the stash from the boys. Wish me luck!

No comments: