This is an old pic, but it illustrates my point perfectly...
Ethan is my little sweet-thief. His methods are effective and we hardly ever catch him in the act. He's not so hot at hiding the evidence though, so we always know it him. I purchased a four pack of Lunchables from Costco last week for Jayden's school lunches. Two days later, Bryan and I were upstairs doing whatever and Ethan was downstairs by himself. Yeah, we really should checked on him a little more diligently, but no we aren't good about that kind of thing. We like to be able to be a little more relaxed on a Sunday. Well, Ethan came upstairs holding a Butterfinger and crying. He showed me his boo-boo, which looked like a paper cut and asked for help with the wrapper. I promptly took the candy away and gave him a tissue for the tiny amount of blood on his hand. I started to wonder where the candy came from, so I decided to investigate. Downstairs, I found the dishwasher open, a knife on top of the door and a small piece of the candy wrapper. I figured out how he hurt himself. That little rascal was trying to cut open packaging on the candy bar! That wasn't the worst of it. I found two Capri Sun juice bags on the floor and ottoman in the family room. One of them had leaked onto the upholstery and the carpet. I didn't think much of the empty Capri Sun packages at first. I had purchased a separate box of the drinks. The Butterfinger was still a mystery to me. I just happened to go to the refrigerator for whatever reason, and there I found three opened packages of Lunchables missing their candy and juice. I suddenly realized where the Butterfinger. I checked the garbage can, and sure enough, two Reeses Peanut Butter cup wrappers were there. This kid had an incurable sweet-tooth. I have no idea where he gets that from...
Bryan had gone to the grocery store earlier in the week and he purchased cinnamon rolls. At first the boys didn't see them, so they didn't eat them up. Most of them were eaten in the next two days (not by me; which will partially explain the next segment in this blog). The last one sat in the refrigerator an extra day and once again, Ethan was left downstairs for an extended period of time. He really is good with just a blanket and a movie most days of the week. We kick him outside when we can, but he's just not into it like the other two boys. Well, I went downstairs to eat a bowl of cereal or something, and so I opened the refrigerator to pull out the milk. I notice a few brown spots on the floor near the door and wondered if someone had missed the toilet. I checked Ethan, and he was clean. I went back to the fridge and noticed the empty package for the cinnamon rolls. My human sugar incinerator had struck again!
In more sugary news... I had a bad case of the munchies on Sunday. I was bored. To remedy the situation, and prevent myself from eating all day, I baked. I made a double batch of cinnamon rolls (with frosting), lemon bars, and macaroni and cheese (not the stuff from a box). The cinnamon rolls were amazing. I took two pans to work and they disappeared quickly. The frosting was awesome, too. I added a little lemon juice to it. That made it soooo good! I'm drooling just thinking about them. I should make them again this Sunday. I owe my visiting teaching ladies for not visiting them last month. Yeah, that's a perfect excuse!
Mmmmm....cinnamon rolls...nummy.
Ethan is my little sweet-thief. His methods are effective and we hardly ever catch him in the act. He's not so hot at hiding the evidence though, so we always know it him. I purchased a four pack of Lunchables from Costco last week for Jayden's school lunches. Two days later, Bryan and I were upstairs doing whatever and Ethan was downstairs by himself. Yeah, we really should checked on him a little more diligently, but no we aren't good about that kind of thing. We like to be able to be a little more relaxed on a Sunday. Well, Ethan came upstairs holding a Butterfinger and crying. He showed me his boo-boo, which looked like a paper cut and asked for help with the wrapper. I promptly took the candy away and gave him a tissue for the tiny amount of blood on his hand. I started to wonder where the candy came from, so I decided to investigate. Downstairs, I found the dishwasher open, a knife on top of the door and a small piece of the candy wrapper. I figured out how he hurt himself. That little rascal was trying to cut open packaging on the candy bar! That wasn't the worst of it. I found two Capri Sun juice bags on the floor and ottoman in the family room. One of them had leaked onto the upholstery and the carpet. I didn't think much of the empty Capri Sun packages at first. I had purchased a separate box of the drinks. The Butterfinger was still a mystery to me. I just happened to go to the refrigerator for whatever reason, and there I found three opened packages of Lunchables missing their candy and juice. I suddenly realized where the Butterfinger. I checked the garbage can, and sure enough, two Reeses Peanut Butter cup wrappers were there. This kid had an incurable sweet-tooth. I have no idea where he gets that from...
Bryan had gone to the grocery store earlier in the week and he purchased cinnamon rolls. At first the boys didn't see them, so they didn't eat them up. Most of them were eaten in the next two days (not by me; which will partially explain the next segment in this blog). The last one sat in the refrigerator an extra day and once again, Ethan was left downstairs for an extended period of time. He really is good with just a blanket and a movie most days of the week. We kick him outside when we can, but he's just not into it like the other two boys. Well, I went downstairs to eat a bowl of cereal or something, and so I opened the refrigerator to pull out the milk. I notice a few brown spots on the floor near the door and wondered if someone had missed the toilet. I checked Ethan, and he was clean. I went back to the fridge and noticed the empty package for the cinnamon rolls. My human sugar incinerator had struck again!
In more sugary news... I had a bad case of the munchies on Sunday. I was bored. To remedy the situation, and prevent myself from eating all day, I baked. I made a double batch of cinnamon rolls (with frosting), lemon bars, and macaroni and cheese (not the stuff from a box). The cinnamon rolls were amazing. I took two pans to work and they disappeared quickly. The frosting was awesome, too. I added a little lemon juice to it. That made it soooo good! I'm drooling just thinking about them. I should make them again this Sunday. I owe my visiting teaching ladies for not visiting them last month. Yeah, that's a perfect excuse!
Mmmmm....cinnamon rolls...nummy.
1 comment:
You should send me your recipes for mac & cheese and cinnomon rolls. I am always looking for new mac & cheese recipes since it's Al favorite. I am yet to find the "one."
Post a Comment