Saturday, August 21, 2010

Observations from the four year old...


Yesterday, hours after we were looking at old pictures (where I explained that he was in my tummy at the time) my baby told me "Mommy, you swallowed me." I gave him a classic "What?" He said that I had eaten him because he had been in my tummy. I laughed at him and told him that I hadn't. I explained that he started out as a microscopic speck in my tummy and then grew and grew. I rue the day he asks me how the spec got there. At least he knows that I didn't eat him. I do randomly gobble up his adorable cheeks though. They are delicious!

Today, we sat down to a nice home-cooked meal of chicken & broccoli fettuccine alfredo. My baby ate a few bites and said "I'm so full. See Mommy?" He pulled up his shirt and raised his hand along his tummy until he reached his chest."All the way up to here!"

Crazy kid!

No comments: