Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dino-mite!



So, I make peanut butter and jam sandwiches for Tanner and Jayden every school night. I cut off the crust for them and freeze them so they are ready to eat by the time the boys have lunch the next day. I used to buy the Smucker's sandwiches (from in the freezer isle) but you can only get a large box of peanut butter & grape jelly sandwiches from Costco. My boys prefer blackberry or boysenberry jam. Smucker's are also a bit on the pricey side. To save money, I started freezing my own, and I've been making them ever since. Tonight, I had to make a bread and peanut butter run. While I was at Fry's, I found this ingenious little sandwich cutter. Not only does it take off the crust, but it cuts the sandwich in half and transforms each half into a cute little dinosaurs. I'm sure a cookie cutter would have the same effect, but this was just too neat to pass up. I love that my boys have been so patient with taking the same lunch everyday. Only the chips/cookies vary. I'm hoping that this will add a little pizazz to their meal. They aren't fans of ham or tuna sandwiches, so PB&J's are the sandwich of choice until school lets out. Hee, hee, hee... I made Ethan a sandwich to eat tomorrow, too. He is very excited about the dinosaurs.

No comments: