I prefer Jacob over Edward. Jacob is so cool. Who wouldn't love to be in love with someone who is hot and mechanically inclined?!? Edward is hot, too, don't get me wrong, but he's just not realistic. No man is like that. If he was, all the jocks and nerds would lock him up somewhere with his eyelids pasted open while they forced him to watch sports or the Sci-Fi channel and only feed him pizza and milkshakes.
So Saturday I made plans to go out with my friend Raquel and see Twilight. Friends, family and coworkers had all seen it the weekend before, so I just had to see it already. I went in with the mindset that I was going to dislike the actors and their acting. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I actually thought they did a great job casting and I didn't mind the acting at all. There were only two things I absolutely detested and I hope that they adjust for in the second movie. The first, and most annoying problem was the music. Oh my gosh! It was cheesier than cheese. None of the songs seemed to match the scene. It left me confused and annoyed. I would have perfered to hear the sounds of nature in the background over the junk they played. Target plays better music in the parking lot! The second problem was the long dramatic pauses where Edward and Bella just stare at each other. Seriously, in the time that it took them to actually get around to a kiss, I could have: a) learned more about their characters through dialog from the book or b) left the theatre, used the restroom, bought some popcorn, and added extra butter before I returned to my seat. My favorite scenes in the movie were as follows: 1) Prom night--the dance in the gazebo, 2) when the Cullens made Italiano for Bella, only to find out that she already ate, 3) when Rosalie tore off the bad guys head (I wanted to see blood, but I guess since he was already dead, there wouldn't have been any), and 4) the scene with Bella and Edward in the really, really tall tree (awesome!). I am looking forward to the second movie as well as the next Harry Potter film. Is anyone else disappointed to find out that it won't be released until July? That movie had better blow my socks off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So I really think that people who thought the movie would be good were disappointed, and people who thought the movie would be bad (or had no expectations) were okay with it.
I can't stand the movie. Yes, I saw it 3 times to make sure. The 3rd time I realized that Edward was acting in circles around Bella. But I was still bored and couldn't believe how much the movie clashes with the book. urgh. I had to reread the book just to get the actors out of my head and the characters I imagined back in. So I can't see any more movies because I don't want it to ruin the books for me.
The only comfort I have is that Twilight is so popular you know there will be a remake in 15 years. I hope they follow the book more closely for that one.
Post a Comment